NewsFlash! Some new rules have been created in the mission regarding email as there has been some excessive abuse of priveledges by other missionaries. I (and every other missionary in my mission) can no longer send emails to anyone but my parents and siblings. I can also no longer RECEIVE emails from anybody but the above as well. However, as many of you have been doing, you can continue to send emails to my gmail account and my mother will read them and pass on any exciting or tragic news that is happening in your lives! Thank you for your respect in this matter. I truly want to obey all the rules that have been been altered to the 't' as to enjoy all the blessings that I can in my mission!
This has truly been another week of miracles! We have found a wonderful woman named Luciana that will be baptized this Saturday! She is a widow who´s youngest son is a non-active member. He left for the Caribbean to work for a cruise line at the beginning of the month and left an amazing letter with her bearing his testimony of the church and saying that if at any time she felt lonely while he was gone she could go to the church and find a loving family waiting there for her. I spotted her in the Gospel Principles class, thinking she was a member non-active that we haven´t seen for awhile, or maybe visiting a grandchild. I took her hand and asked if she was a member. She said "no" and with tears in her eyes told me about her son. Two days later we went to teach her the first lesson. She told us amazing stories of her life and of the conversion story of her son and what an amazing example he is to her. We felt the spirit strongly and invited her to be baptized. Without hesitation she accepted. Everytime we teach her she has amazing stories to tell and she continues to bear her testimony to us. Some of the most amazing words I´ve ever heard in my mission she has said, for example:"Why don´t more people believe in the Book of Mormon? There is testimonies of this book in the Bible, and this Book testifies of Christ and the plan for our lives!""I have not been convinced, I have been converted""I know that after the search I´ve made in many churches my search has finally come to an end""I once asked my son why The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is in the only church that doesn´t ever change it´s name or doesn´t have a name depending on the region where it is located (for example "Church of God, Sao Vicente). He answered "Because this is the only true Church in the world". She is truly amazing.
She is currently living on a very low salary and has neither a fridge or a stove. She is always so willing to make us tea using a little electric water heater and feed us crackers. The other day one of the members couldn´t feed us lunch and instead gave us a "huge" sum of money to make up the difference ($50 Reais). We decided to use the money to buy Luciana groceries. We left the groceries with the doorman and asked him not to tell her it was us. When we came back the next day to teach her, she said the first prayer and in her prayer thanked Heavenly Father for her "two dear friends sitting here who left beautiful food for her to eat". I love Luciana dearly and I know that she will be a dear friend into the eternities! Her son also called from the Caribbean today and when she told him she will be baptized she said he cried with joy!
We are so blessed right now in our area with our investigators, with Luciana, with our members, with everything! I thank Heavenly Father everyday for this work and for the joy that I feel with the opportunity to take part in such a marvelous work! Have a wonderful week everyone!
Sister Tittelfitz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment