Wednesday, August 13, 2008

June 24: Third Transfer

So this week was my third transfer, and guess what???!!!........................................................I´m in the same area with the same companion! There are definitely positives and negatives to everything, but we are excited to stay together and continue to strengthen our area.

Sister França pulled a dirty trick on me after she spoke with the Elders about transfers. She said I was going to Open an Area with a Sister that only has one transfer ahead of me. When were in front of a bunch of members when this all happened and I got excited but extremely nervous. Sister França asked if I was happy and I said "I have to be happy this is my mission!" and then I asked her who her new companion was going to be. She says "someone really special" and I go off guessing all the Sisters in the mission that I know. Finally I say "I don´t know any other Sisters. . .who is it?"> "YOU". . .wow, I love being the one that get´s the joke played on. I guess now I will have to do the same thing in the future to my junior companions.

We are continuing to teach our investigators and are slowely progressing. Many of the families and people we are teaching love having us into their homes and hearing the lessons, but are not yet keeping their commitments such as attending Church and gaining a testimony for themselves of the teachings. It is hard work, and I am continuing to learn.

We made two splits this week. The first with other Sisters from another area. The junior companions together, the Seniors together. The other junior companion was with me in my area. I was extremely nervous to be "in charge" but we made it for 24 hours together. I discovered that I have a raw skill and not knowing any street names in our area, but knowing where people live based on trash cans, parks, and autobody shops.

The other split was with two members in our Ward. It was a lot of fun, but nerve-racking too because I taught all the lessons, and the member could only bare her testimony. We had one investigator answer the door and she was completely drunk, but the member understood her rambling and the "too much information" that she shared with us!

I wanted to share a scripture that we taught to investigator who is trying to quit smoking, and I believe that it applies to any difficulty we have in life:> Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness, I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

We all have weaknesses, we all have things that are difficult for us to overcome or to face in our lives. But His grace is sufficient, and if we humble ourselves and sincerely have a desire to change, and act in faith, our weak things will become strong. I love this expression that I studied the other day about prayer too, that when we pray we get on our knees and offer in prayer a plan to our Heavenly Father of those things that we need to improve upon, repent of and how we will do it. After prayer, we stand up and we get to work. Without acting on those things that we presented to our Heavenly Father after our prayers, our prayer was in vain.

Enjoy the pictures from my last Zone Conference!
Love, Sister Tittelfitz

No comments: