So two weeks without being able to send an email really sets me back with stories to tell and not a lot of time to tell them. But we had four baptisms in the past two weekends! I am seeing miracles in my mission and loving it!
Two weekends ago we had the Baptism of Luana and Iris, who I previously talked about. The baptism was great, but about ten minutes before we started the two girls both wanted to be baptized last and both started to cry and refused to be baptized!! Oh bother! So we promised Iris that we would take her out to lunch the next p-day if she went first, and she agreed. Luana was a wreck as well because not even her mom came to her baptism. She dealt with it just fine when members showed up and her friends from Primary.
After the baptisms we were talking and cleaning up when one of the Elders came out of the library and yelled to me that Sister França was not doing well and to go in to the library and sit with her. When I went in there she was sitting against the wall and not talking, with her eyes opened wide and not blinking. I knew something was wrong and about three minutes later she had a seizure in my arms and we fell to the floor together. Don´t worry folks, her head did not hit the floor! The Elders called the ambulance and we got to the hospital. The Elders made ME talk to the secretary and explain what happened, except I left two little letters off of what I said and I explained that my companion "Faleceu" and not "Desfaleceu" You might ask what the difference is. Well the last means to "Faint" or pass out, and the second means to "Pass Away". Yeah, well I guess he figured out she didn´t die because he kept typing. She got the help she needed at the hospital and we made it back home that same night. The President and his wife came the next day to check on her and we spent two days in São Paulo this week visiting a Neurologist to get her more help, as they think she has a seizure condition.
The next two baptisms are a miracle. A couple really amazing, Houlder and Gloria. I might have already typed a little about them. But they had investigated the church about 18 years ago, and stopped due to the fact they weren´t married and moved out of the area some time after. However, Houlder received a pass along card about 6 weeks ago and we delivered a DVD to them. We started teaching them, and we gave the First Lesson about the Restoration with Sister Richardson. She wasn´t able to speak Portuguese but I translated her most amazing testimony. Then the first day they went to church their friend from 18 years ago when they investigated the church was visiting our ward. It was an amazing day. The next week they accepted the invitation to be baptized, and they were! The baptism was amazing and we had so much support from the ward. The same day Houlder was interviewed to receive the Priesthood as well! This family is a miracle and a true blessing! I am so happy to have been one of the missionaries that got to see them through their conversion!
I love my mission and the work I am doing! I don´t have much time, so I´m cutting it short!
Have a wonderful week everyone!
Love,Sister Tittelfitz!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment