Well folks, its been a great week. We worked and we saw some progress!! Hellen and Wesley will be baptized this Sunday, and Sonia we hope the following week. She is still smoking, but we didnt want to postpone the kids baptisms for weeks upon weeks because of Sonia. We are also praying and planning that the baptism of her grandchildren will motivate here to get rid of her bad habits so that she too can enter into the waters of baptism.
José Barba is doing well. He, unfortunately, didnt go to Church on Sunday as he battled with a bought of depression and is getting a little overwhelmed by the negative reaction his family members have friends are having towards him in relation to learning about another religion. He started to read Pearl of Great Price but got a little confused and told us yesterday that he wants to study the basics first and gain a testimony of the Church first. We bought him a triple today in the temple and told him to use it to accompany the Gospel Principles Manuel that he is reading, and nothing more. Profound Doctrine is overwhelming, even for members in the church 15 years.
The members in our ward are getting a little more excited about helping us out with Family Nights and passing references to us. It has been a little bit of slow battle to get members involved here in the ward, but I have found that if we focalize on a family that can help us and call and pass by the members house they start to see that we really want their help and that they are capable to helping out in the missionary work!!
I thought I would throw in here something interesting that happened to me. Yesterday I received a letter that Sister Ward sent to me. It was a letter that I wrote in Seminary 5 years ago that was addressed to myself. I wrote about the things that I wanted to have accomplished by June 2nd, 2009. It was interesting because all but one of the goals I accomplished in this time period (the goal I did not accomplish was have my own apartment). Here are some of the goals that I wrote, in case you wondered:
-Have graduated from a 4 year university with a degree in Social Work or Health Science
-Have learned a 2nd language
-Probably have served a mission, outside of the U.S. (this was interesting, because as I recall, when I was 18 I did not plan on serving a mission, hence the 'probably')
-Have not gotten married and am not planning on it (hahaha, i started laughing when i read this one!)
-Have a strong testimony of the Gospel and of my Savior Jesus Christ
-Have a strong relationship with my family and friends
-Have a strong testimony of the scriptures
Its interesting how well we know ourselves sometimes, but I was also proud that I had accomplished these goals and that I have a strong testimony of the Gospel and of the Scriptures and of course, of my savior Jesus Christ. I think I will write another letter addressing what I hope to have accomplished by 2014, lets see what will happen!!
Folks, today I went to the temple and felt so strongly the spirit testifying to me of the truthfulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and I know that we have a living Prophet, Thomas S. Monson as the head of the Church of Jesus Christ. I love this Gospel and this work with all of my heart!!
Have a wonderful week everyone,
Sister Tittelfitz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment