Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 7, 2009

I´m having a great time training folks. I love my new companion, she is so wonderful!! It´s a challenge teaching Portugese, but it´s so great to see her progress!!

I had a wonderful suprise on Sunday. As we were arriving in front of the chapel I saw a man that looked oddly familiar, I yelled out "João" and it was truly Irmão João Bosco that I taught and was baptized in Diadema in January!! The members from his ward had told him that I was going home in a few weeks and he took a bus to our area and then walked from the bus station to the chapel for 45 minutes to see me one last time before I go home!! It was such a nice suprise. He said he´s doing well and struggled for a few months to stay active because it was getting a lot of part time jobs and couldn´t go on Sundays, but that he wants to "stay strong" now!!

José actually stayed in Sacrament Meeting this week and liked it, but said there were a lot of kids running around and he couldn´t hear everyone´s testimonies very well :(

My time is running out folks, I have three minutes to send this email, so I´m cutting it short. BUT I LOVE THIS GOSPEL, I LOVE MY MISSION and I LOVE THIS WORK!!

Have a wonderful week folks!!
Tchau!!
Sister Tittelfitz

No comments: