This past week was a little bit emotional for me. We visited and taught many investigators and members who are going through difficult times in their lives. I was especially effected by a young woman who has been very emotionally hurt by her parent´s separation. I sat and talked with her one day as she cried, I ended up crying too, and to make the situation a lot better Sister Souza made us all laugh. I also sat by a Sister in our ward on Sunday that burst into tears during the lesson and her young daughter that was sitting in her lap seemed to absorb her mother´s emotions and had tears streaming down her face, though she was not crying out loud. I squeezed that Sister so tight and I could almost feel the pain draining out of her. Life can be so cruel sometimes, but what I´ve learned is that the best is always yet to come. When Christ returns everything that is cruel, evil and unjust in the world will be made whole, and we will live in a state of happiness and peace that we could never imagine. But we need to prepare ourselves for this time and do all that we can to be ready to meet Christ face to face.
Saturday was a special Musical Program of the Mission in São Paulo. There was a small group of missionaries from the mission that sang various Christmas music and there was a narrator that told "Another Christmas Story" or in other words, the story of the Bible and the Book of Mormon and how they both testify of Christ. It was amazing. I was able to see Sister Todd again, as she is an amazing singer and sang a solo, I was so proud. We also have an Elder in our mission that used to sing for Disney. His voice is incredible!! He sang "Oh Holy Night" (in Portuguese) and I seriously had goose bumps it was amazing!
We took Nina to the Presentation. She is a friend of ours that knows all the missionaries that have passed in our area. Her and her brother-in-law have a video rental store that´s really close to our house. They are such incredible and outgoing people. She agreed to go with us to the Program so that she could see some other missionaries that had already passed in our area. She really liked the Program, however, she´s very honest about the fact that she will not be baptized in the Church (forthewhile, hehe). On the way back her and I sat on the bus and had an amazing conversation for nearly an hour and half. We talked about life, principles of the Gospel, and about simple people. We concluded that simple people are some of the most incredible people in the world, and they will never gain the recognition that they deserve. Why? Because they´re simple, and they don´t even need recognition to have a happy and rewarding life. Nina really is an incredible and simple person, and I like her. I know one day she´ll decide to accept the Gospel. Sunday was Fast and Testimony Meeting. I felt a little hint of "motherly pride" when Antonio bore his testimony and talked about how much his life has changed since his baptism. It was incredible and I had a smile from ear to ear while he bore his testimony. This is what the mission is about. Who would have imagined that the Gospel could change people´s lives so drastically. I love being a missionary!!
Sister França will be returning home today (my trainer). Sister Souza and I went to the bus station today so that I could give my last goodbyes. It was really good to see her. We talked a lot about our time together. We apologized a lot (haha!) but also talked a lot about the many memories we had made and a lot of the funny experiences that had happened with us. She is an amazing person and I wish the best for her. She will continue to see a doctor at home to help her with her treatment if anyone was wondering.
Have a wonderful week everyone. And don´t forget that Christmas is coming, então, SEND THOSE CHRISTMAS LETTERS! I will be eagerly waiting their arrival!!
Sister Tittelfitz
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment