Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Oct 7 General Conference

So wasn´t Conference great? I really had to pay a lot of attention this Conference as I had to watch and listen to everything in Portuguese. It was pretty difficult as I just couldn´t take the notes on the talks like I can in English. But I really felt the spirit and there were some amazing talks that talked a lot about helping our neighbors, our families and our friends to help find the path of Jesus Christ, and to help them with all our their needs. I liked Joseph B. Wirthlin´s talk when he said that we have challenges and difficulties in our lives to make us more loving and sympathetic people and so that we can help others in their lives. I loved the talk by Elder Goldberg about the path of the Gospel. He said the path is not only for some elect people of God. The path is for everybody, and it is not the path that is difficult to follow in our lives. It is our lives that is difficult. And if we choose any other path that than of the Savior´s we will fall into temptation and fall away from our Savior and the love he has for us.

Claudio came to the Sunday afternoon session of Conference. We called a member and asked him to pick him up. Claudio arrived at the chapel pretty timid, and had a hard time paying attention for two hours, but said that he really liked Conference said it was really special, and is even more excited for his baptism on the 18th!

Paloma ducked out of her baptism again, and we are continuing to work with her and help her make friendships with the members so that she´ll have more of a network and she´ll feel more prepared to be baptized.

This past week we also had Zone Conference with President Richardson. He is an amazing mission president, and is really working hard with us to set reasonable goals in the mission and to reach them!! One thing really interesting that he shared with us, a teaching from President Boyd K. Packer that he shared with all the new mission presidents during a training, is that all living bodies have control over their souls. It is the souls that don´t have bodies that want to try to destroy us. It is when we give up on our own souls, when we let temptation and the power of those who want to destroy us enter, that we become weak and struggle and sin. Therefore we must always nourish our souls with good, with the things of God.

I don´t have my notes here with me, so this is drawing from what I remember. If you´re interested in more information, do a search on the site of Church and let me know what you find!

Have a wonderful week everyone,
Sister Tittelfitz

No comments: