So our stake is having a contest between all the wards called 'Corrida Natalina' which would translate to roughly 'Little Christmas Run!'. We gain points from references, divisions with members, baptisms, activities and lessons taught. Each week we calculate our points and pass them to the Stake President. We so far have lost the first two weeks, but the final prize is a Christmas party for the ward that gained the most points over the six week contest!
So we decided to get to work and asked a lot of the Sisters in our ward to go on divisions with us. The sweetest Sister, Sister Sonsin, who is nearly 65 I think, signed up for four days this past week. This past week was extremely hot and she survived the first two days. The third day she has to take a lot of 'little stops' in the street, and the fourth day she had 'another commitment' and couldn´t go. Sweetheart she is. It was really great to be with the members while teaching. They have a completely different perspective on the work, and often are able to demonstrate to the investigators that members are 'normal people' and had their own process of joining the church and can share their conversion stories. We went on an incredible division with another Sister, Sister Ceres. She is a 22 year old single mom that left the church for 3 years but came back. She has an awesome testimony and got so excited with the missionary work that she signed up to go on divisions with us again this Saturday and visit the same people we taught! She was so helpful too because she listened to things that my companion and I heard, but were not necessarily paying attention. For example we taught a reference we received from the Elders. The parents weren´t at home and the 17 year old daughter allowed us to teach her, but was pretty disinterested. Ceres helped break the ice and was very attentive to the suttle (I don´t know how to spell this word anymore) details in the girls behavior. It was awesome, and Ceres taught me more about how to pay attention to body language in a lesson, etc.
We are still helping the same two families to prepare for baptism. However, the parents of both families are not legally married. We will probably have to set their goal date a little further back, but we are so excited to be helping them! We are continuing to teach Moaci. I hope I wrote about him earlier. But he´s an 18 year old, prepaing to be baptized November 8th. We´re teaching his brother too, but his brother´s not so sure about baptism right now.
Claudio is going strong! He´s super excited for his 'new family' in the ward and all the attention he´s getting from the members!
NEWS FLASH!! So I decided what I would like for Christmas (and don´t start to think it´s too early). I don´t want presents, money, nothing that you have to buy. What I would like from EVERYBODY is:
A Letter. A letter with a picture of you/your family. I would like everyone to write me telling me about what you did this year, important things that happened. I would also like in the letter your favorite scripture from the Bible or the Book of Mormon, and why is it your favorite scripture/what significance does it have to you? Also important spiritual experiences or spiritual things you learned this year that you would like to share with me!
My address in the mission is:
Sister Jenelle R. Tittelfitz
Caixa Postal 26504
São Paulo, SP Brasil
04311-970
OBRIGADÂO!!
Sister Tittelfitz
COMMENT ON PHOTO: Jacá Fruit.
This was an interesting experience. It´s a fruit that has a slimy film covering a nut. You suck the slime off the nut and pronto! It has an acidy sweet taste. To be honest, I didn´t really enjoy it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment