Greetings to all! We continue to be working hard and helping a lot of people that are confused about various religions and why there exists such controversy between the various beliefs.
To leave a short email/story with you all:
We are teaching a couple, Sonia and Joao. They have two young adult sons (20 and 26) but they aren't too interested in hearing our messages and usually tell Sonia after we leave that she should stop receiving us. Sonia and Joao frequented another church for eyars, but stopped attending after they saw many things wrong with hypociscy between teh members. Sonia likes to "bible Bash" a little bit with us, and always offers food and a hug and kiss afterwards. Saturday night we watched "Testaments" movie with them and it started to poor. Joao Offered to get his car out of the parking lot close to their house where they pay to park their car, and he would return in 5 minutes to take us home with Sonia. I was running a low fever and Sonia didn't want me to walk home in the rain. Joao was taking forever and Sonia thought myabe he had got lost. It was already 9:15 at night and we had to get home soon, so she left to the parking lot. Five minutes later Sonia called and talked with her son briefly. He told us there was an emergency, that her mother fell drastically ill and that they were talking her to the emergency room. We tried calling a few membesr to see if they could pick us up, but no one was at home. We decided there was no other option and to walk home in the rain.
The next day at church Sonia and Joao didn't show up. We suspected her mother was still ill. At the end of the meetings a member came up to me and said "There's a man and a woman, Sonia and Joao, wanting to talk to you in the parking lot." When we went out there Sonia was crying and Joao said in a very serious voice "We came to tell you taht we lied." MY heart sank, and I had a terrible feeling they were going to say something horrible. Sonia's mother had not fallen ill, and they did not take her to the hospital. They had been mugged and helt at gun point in the parking lot. Miraculously Sonia convinced the muggers to let her call and lie to her son so that we would leave their house and not try to find them in the parking lot and held at gunpoint. as well. Nothing was taken, as they hadn't nothing with them, and the muggers moved onto other cars and ended up stealing 5 cars from the lot. Sonia was crying because she said she felt so sorry that I had to walk home in the rain!! What a sweetheart, my heart melted. I asked them if they would agree to receiving a blessing of comfort, and they agreed. After her blessing Sonia turned to us and said "I don't know if I'll ever be a member of your church, but you two are two lights in my life, followers of Jesus, and I love you both!"
We have a good feeling they bother be making more progress in the gospel, and maybe they won't be baptized, but we know that the power of the Priesthood was able to bless them.
I know the Gospel is true. I'm so thankful to be a missionary and to be seeing miracles here in my mission. I'm thankful to be so blessed by the Lord and to be able to help others come unto Christ!
Have a great week everyone,
Sister Tittelfitz
Bowling with the Elders:


MY STRIKE !!!



No comments:
Post a Comment